Behind The Scenes




Styling Details...shooting at home

I really appreciate all my regular readers over the past 8 months who have left the most lovely comments and sent me some really kind emails-thank you so much. For those of you who have said how much they love the behind-the-scenes shots, this little post is for you...

My previous 2 posts have featured some beautiful vintage props from The Home Barn. My 'behind the scenes look' today shows all those lovely objects ready and waiting in our bedroom at home, where I shot  those posts and another one still  to come! My old neighbour's lovely vintage kitchen table plays a huge part in my pictures as it's the nicest table I own!

The crate of props sat in our room for a week over half term, when I snatched a couple of hours each day once I'd worn the kids out (or should I say, once they'd worn me out) and I felt justified in plonking them in front of the TV for a while (always promised I wouldn't do that... ;-) Luckily it was before the clocks changed so I was able to shoot until at least 6.30, unlike now when the best light's gone by 3.30.

Most of the photos are just me experimenting with light/exposure/focus-ie twiddling buttons until I got it right-not the best method I know, but until I take a course where somebody actually shows me what to do, I'm afraid no photography manual in the world will manage to hold my attention for very long. Can anyone recommend a good manual that's simple, clear and step-by-step, not too technical, perhaps with lots of lovely pictures to follow?!

Some of the items have been placed or 'styled' as test shots, but on the whole, they're just a collection of bits and bobs from that week, just as they were, sat in our room, driving Jon a bit mad... I hope you like them!

























And talking of supportive readers and new friends, last year I met the lovely Margarita of Chocolate Creative at 100% Design. We recently saw eachother again at Holly's Decor8 Workshop and she has incredibly kindly written such a lovely blog post all about Trend Daily. Please go over to her blog and take a look. Thank you so much Margarita x

Comments

  1. It's always so fun to see 'behind the scenes' - I love how super all your bits and bobs look stacked up and stored ready for propping adventures! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your props waiting at home to be photographed still look gorgeous! Have you ever thought of renting your props out for photo shoots etc. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine! I wish they were all mine, but just a few bits and bobs are from this post. Daren't think what's up in the loft though...!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also the "outtakes" are so so beautiful. I love the way you take photos.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this behind the scenes Caroline - and good to talk to you about some 'behind the scenes' stuff for one of my next shoots : ) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely-I hope it all worked out ok! xx

      Delete
  6. Fabulous images! the lighting is really great :) Pleasure to look at these. Thanks!

    Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Holly-looking forward to your launch soon! Cx

      Delete
  7. love the images here and the ones on chocolate creative. Keep doing what you do, always so lovely to visit your site for that next amazing photo :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geraldine you are so lovely and where on earth do you find the time to always stop by and make such great comments on blogs as well as maintaining your own?! Superwoman?!! :-)x

      Delete
  8. Oh the light...where did it go! That said - your photographs look positively dazzling - not a hint of grey, overcast darkness in any of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG-it's completely shocking isn't it!!! Thank you so much lovely ;-))

      Delete
  9. Oh I agree the light is amazing (and of course the props - love them all:)
    Fab shot Caroline - so cool,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're such a good photographer Caroline, i wish I had half your talent x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Annie thank you-such a lovely thing to say. I wish I could write half as well as you-to think I was deputy editor once-it was a magazine with lots of pictures though!!! Honestly, big thanks x

      Delete
  11. I was just thinking of your humble beginnings with a phone camera... your first posts.
    Look where you are now! Fab...

    Great props. Happy weekend love x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you lovely. I've had to give the lens back to my neighbour-time to go shopping-yikes!!. Have a lovely weekend too sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Caroline, I love it! I bet you have such an interesting house with treasures everywhere. Do you think you might do a little tour one day? As for a manual, I find Jeanette's cheat sheet from BYW2 very helpful - if you didn't download it, let me know and I'll email it to you. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Mel-good thinking, I'll see if I can hunt kea erred sheet out and let you know if I can't find it. Thank you too! Here's to another week...!!! X

      Delete
  14. Beautiful and tasteful as ever. Who else could make a ball of string look soooo good?! Ms Talented Creative you certainly are. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts