Sunday, 30 December 2012

Styling Details...



Vintage Sunflowers...


 Welcome to my last post for 2012!
 As the majority of my posts have had a vintage twist
 since I first started the blog in March,
 I thought I'd finish off this year with a few
 vintage poppy and sunflower shots taken,
 as always, in our bedroom!

On one of my little root-arounds at the Homebarn
 I fell in love with these oil canvases.
I usually follow my instinct and buy on the spur of the moment,
 but sometimes I let things slip through the net-
a Victorian glazed wall cabinet for the kitchen;
 a 1950s side table with metal legs and formica top
 for I don't know where, but who cares;
 and these lovely paintings. 

 They've now been sold and I so wish I'd bought one-
at least I have these shots to remind me...
 Have a fantastic New Year-thanks a million for 
your support in 2012
 and I wish you all a happy and healthy 2013 x


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs

18 comments:

  1. beautiful... as always :) I wish you a happy new year and all the best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your lovely comments Petra-always really appreciated. A wonderful 2013 to you :-) x

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you too. Beautiful painting and styling details. Love image 1 - how the browns of the vintage books compliment the sunflower yellows and sets that vintage country house atmosphere when placed against that off white ( Farrow and Ball?) paint of the doors. Looking forward to meeting you in Stockholm x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so mkuch as always Geraldine-you are amazing finding the time to do everything you do and leave such lovely comments for people too. See you in February and a vary happy 2013 to you! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely vintage images Caroline - hope you had a lovely xmas - and now :
    ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*
    ♪ღ♪HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR SEE YOU IN 2013♪ღ♪
    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•

    All the best from me
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely ditty Anya-thank you!!! Will I see you in Stockholm in Feb?! Big hug and thank you for all your lovely comments-Happy New Year to you and your gorgeous girls! xx

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Caroline - to many more brilliant finds whilst rooting around. Were those vintage flower paintings reproductions/modern, or proper vintage? Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweety-proper vintage-but don't remind me. Sometimes I get ridiculously cautious and don't buy on the spur of the moment, then regret it forever more...!!! See you soon lovely x

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful post to end the year. Love love love your styling combination and had to pin it! Happy new year Caroline! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel-thank you as always lovely friend. HNY! xx

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Caroline!
    Beautiful styling and set up as always – this reminds me of France and a quiet cottage...bliss!
    Thought Id show you this
    http://theinteriorsaddict.com/the-7-vignettes-in-7-days-instagram-challenge-with-stylist-kara-rosenlund#comment-2687
    a little instagram/Vignette challenge! Im going to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Anastasia! And yes-thank you for the reminder, will definitely do the Instagram challenge. HAppy New Year! xx

      Delete
  7. I love the table, I need something like this for our kitchen so I can blog and not look like I've stuck a desk in the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Will and for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful pictures!
    Wish you a happy 2013!
    Hugs
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Yvonne!! Happy New Year to you! x

      Delete
  9. Stunning photos as always! Happy New Year lovely not long now before our weekend escape xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little blog and taking the time to comment- I really appreciate it :-)